11/29/2010

2011 Computer Ideas

Well I have decided not to upgrade my computer until Intel release Sandy Bridge. However, if AMD releases a superior design before that time I might consider going with that platform. I love the new CPUs from AMD but there options on motherboards are not in there favor. From what I read it will be hard to OC new Intel chips. Not sure if this will change they said similar about the Core i7 line up when it first arrived iirc. I want to get a quad core CPU not sure which one looking at the 2400 from Intel. Featuring the new P67 chipset and 1155 socket. For memory I am going with at least 4GB of DDR3-1600+ with tight timings. GPU with be Fermi since I spend most time folding. I am going to keep my PSU since it is fine for what I am upgrading to. Need a new case, cooling fans, primary hard drive, and fan controller. For CPU cooling I have that covered with a Thermalright HR-02 and Silver Arrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment